Saturday 26 March 2016

Bloq by Alan Jones

Description - A father waits in Glasgow's Central Station for his daughter, returning home from London for Christmas. When the last train has pulled in, and she doesn't get off it, he makes a desperate overnight dash to find out why. His search for her takes over his life, costing him his job and, as he withdraws from home, family and friends, he finds himself alone, despairing of ever seeing her again.

This is a gritty crime novel with some sexual content



Publication Date ~ April 1st 2016

My thought's - This is the first book I have read by Alan Jones but I have seen rave reviews for his previous books, Blue Wicked and The Cabinet Maker so I knew when I had the opportunity to read Bloq through the UK Crime book Club I had to grab it.

This is a gritty crime novel that had me gripped from page one. In Bloq we are taken on a rollercoaster ride and there are so many twists through out the book I was left speechless and breathless.

The main character Bill is a likeable character. He's searching for his missing daughter Carol and his determination and courage make him quite a character. Bloq tackles the subject of human trafficking really well but not only that it takes you on a journey along with Alan. You feel his fear, his love and his pure determination right through the story and I was routing for him with passion.

With violence, sex and drugs this is not a world you would ever want to find yourself in but reading about it had me fascinated and the description Alan Jones adds to the book makes you feel like it could be just around the corner.

A brilliant 5 star read for me and I'm off to buy the authors other books now and bump them up my list.


No comments:

Post a Comment